Sunday 1 August 2010

... and relax....

Ahhhhhh.... That, my friends, is the sound of a deep breath of relaxation and relief after a frantic week of preparation for today's craft fair. All in all - a good day.


It's hard to predict how busy craft fairs will be, but whatever the takings, it's worth it for the opportunity to get real feedback and interaction from people that you know aren't just being nice to you because they have to be! I love seeing which bags people's eyes are drawn to, which ones get the most strokes, which ones remind them of their grandma's kitchen curtains.... I always come away with a massive list of new ideas and things to improve next time.

My other favourite thing about craft fairs is the opportunity to meet other crafters - some friends who came to visit wanted to know if there was any sabotage going on behind the scenes, but it couldn't be further from the truth! My stand neighbour today was Nicola from Marmalade Button who makes the most amazing cake stands from vintage British plates - check out her folksy shop.

photo from www.marmaladebutton.com

I'm off to take another sip of wine now, but before I go, I wanted to let you know about another treasury - it's been a good couple of weeks on the treasury front! This time it's been the turn of the Dorothy and Dot tote and clutch to be featured in fosterbk's collection of houndstooth treats entitled Release the Hounds. Sherlock Holmes has never looked so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails