Monday 1 November 2010

Mona' s Marvellous Chocolate Cake


This chocolate cake recipe is a family favourite. I don't know where it comes from originally, but it was always credited to great aunt Mona. The marvellous bit comes from the fact that it's super super easy and always comes out deliciously moist - seriously, you can't fail! If I'm just making one to have at home then I don't always bother with icing, but you can't beat a cocoa buttercream or ganache topping for extra indulgence.

I'd got a spare one in the freezer which I took into work today - okay, so the decoration leaves a lot bit to be desired, but it was 6.30am and I'd not had coffee yet!

Ingredients:
5oz self raising flour
6 oz caster sugar
6 oz soft margerine or softened butter
3 oz drinking chocolate
3 large eggs
3 tblsp boiling water

Preheat oven to 180C/ 350F

Grease and line a 7" cake tin.

Mix all ingredients together until pale and fluffy. Pour into the cake tin. Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.

Yum yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails